DIY Glitter Nail Polish
Add some sparkle to your look.
Trying a new nail polish color is always fun, but it can get pretty pricey to buy a bunch of seasonal shades while your barely-used bottles collect dust on the shelf.
Next time you crave a new color, resist the urge to shop and head to your craft closet instead! All you need us a bit of glitter to transform an existing polish into something new and exciting.
The holidays are all about sparkle, so you can update spring pastels, summer brights, fall neutrals, and even clear top coats with a sprinkle of glitter to complement your winter wear.
If you want to mix things up even more, you can add a dash of loose eye shadow to turn some clear topcoat into a completely custom color.
• Bottle of nail polish (sheer and clear shades work best)
• Sticky note
• 1-1 ½ tsp. glitter (I used three different colors/sizes, but any combination you like will work)
• Optional: 1/8–1/4 tsp loose eye shadow (recommend using with clear polish only)
1. If nail polish bottle is full or almost full, pour out 1 ½-2 tsp tsp of polish to make room for the glitter (you can skip this step if your nail polish bottle is already partly empty).
2. Roll the sticky note into a small funnel with the sticky side facing out. Secure with a small bit of tape if it’s not sticky enough to hold a funnel shape on its own.
3. Remove nail polish brush and set aside.
4. Hold the Post-it note funnel so the tip is resting just inside the top of the open bottle of nail polish.
5. Carefully pour the glitter into the funnel. You can eyeball the amount, but make sure to pour slowly, as too much glitter can make your nail polish clumpy. Repeat with any remaining colors/sizes, if using multiple.
6. Remove the Post-it note funnel. Replace the brush and screw the lid on tightly. Shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes, until the glitter is thoroughly incorporated.
7. If using loose eye shadow, repeat steps 3–5 using the eye shadow.
If you loved this beauty DIY try these!