Whipped Peppermint Bark Body Butter
Winter skin can be frustrating (dry, cracked, itchy, irritated), but all it really needs is TLC. And what better way to show your skin some love than to treat it to some homemade Whipped Peppermint Bark Body Butter?
This creamy confection looks like whipped cream, smells like white chocolate peppermint bark, and melts into your skin to provide lasting hydration and beneficial nutrients (without any icky chemicals, preservatives, or artificial colors).
Double or triple the recipe to make a quick and easy batch of homemade gifts for hard-to-buy-for friends and family members. They’ll be thrilled to get a handmade present that they’ll actually use, and they’ll be super impressed by your craftiness!
Don’t be deterred by the “specialty” ingredients; you can find all of these items at your local Whole Foods, or buy them online for about half the price.
¼ C. cocoa butter
¼ C. shea butter
¼ C. coconut oil
2 Tbs. vitamin E oil
¼ tsp. peppermint extract
1. Measure the first four ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl. If you’re using the kind of cocoa butter that comes in a jar, like I did (as opposed to small discs), heat it in the microwave until soft enough to scoop out, about two minutes.
2. Microwave all of the oils until melted, about three minutes. If any small solid pieces remain, stir until melted and incorporated.
3. Stir in peppermint extract.
4. Place bowl in the freezer and cool for 15 to 20 minutes, until about ¾ of the oil is solid but soft.
5. Transfer oils to the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl and whip with whisk attachment or electric beaters on highest speed for 5 to 8 minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula every two minutes or so.
6. Transfer to a mason jar or other lidded glass container and store at room temperature. Enjoy!
If you loved this beauty DIY try these!