16 Creative Ways to Decorate a Pumpkin
1. Place glow sticks in your pumpkins instead of candles for colorful jack-o-lanterns.
2. Carve pumpkins using cookie cutters. Just follow these 5 easy steps.
3. If you’re hosting a fall party, let your guests know they’ve arrived at the right house by using a stencil to paint your state and house number on pumpkins.
4. Spell out a spooky message by carving out a different letter on each pumpkin and arranging them on your front steps or staircase inside the house.
5. Use clear outdoor lights and wrap them around pumpkins for a warm and inviting orange glow.
6. Use spray paint masking tape, glitter and mod podge to create this glitter chevron pattern. P.S. Use fake pumpkins and you can decorate with these year after year.
7. Use twine or string to make your pumpkin look like a spider web.
8. Stencils are a great option for decorating pumpkins because they will last longer than carved ones. Use a cat or bat shaped stencil, or try using a doily for a delicate lace design.
9. Make your pumpkins look like Lite-Brites by punching out, rather than carving, a design.
10. Turn your pumpkin on its side and use the stem as a nose!
12. Treat your pumpkin as a canvas and paint on some metallic gold and black stripes.
13. Adorning pumpkins with a simple monogram and a ribbon would make great place settings at a Halloween party.
14. Scoop out the inside of a pumpkin to turn it into a flower pot.
15. If you don’t want to stick to one design try using chalkboard paint, that way you can draw a different face on your jack-o-lantern as often as you’d like!
16. Melted crayons make the most eye-catching pumpkin we’ve seen!
Photos: Southern Living, Country Living, Monograms and Manicures, The Swell Life and Better Homes and Gardens