Molly Sims’ DIY Holiday Hostess Gift
“The holiday season is here, and that means tons of family and friend gatherings, with delicious food and many different gift opportunities. Break out of the traditional wine bottle hostess gift routine and trying something DIY, homemade and from the heart. I love these almonds in a Mason jar for a delicious yet healthy gift, which you can make in a large batch for many gifts. You can also keep these on hand in your kitchen to munch on while you are cooking or keep them in a bowl on your counter when unexpected guests drop by. The savory options can be chopped and used as a healthier salad topping too!” – Molly Sims
- 1 egg white (or 2 tbsp. liquid egg whites), beaten until frothy
- 1 pound almonds
- 1 ounce of your favorite dry seasonings, such as cinnamon + sugar, paprika + rosemary, garlic + salt, or the leftover BBQ rub from the grilling season
- Mason jars or other containers
- Ribbons, bows, gift cards or other decorations
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil. In a bowl, whisk together egg white and spices. Add the almonds and stir to coat completely.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir almonds to keep them from sticking. Return to oven and roast another 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet to a cooling rack and stir again; allow almonds to cool completely.
- Then fill your containers and decorate them as desired. It’s the perfect gift in a pinch!