Oily eyelids are eyeshadow’s worst enemy. When you spend time putting on makeup in the morning, you want it to last all day. With these pointers your makeup will be lasting through lunch and into happy hour.
- Apply translucent powder to your eyelides to create a dry, smooth base for the shadow.
- Eye primer is another product that creates a smooth canvas for eyeshadow. Urban Decay and NARS make our favorites.
- Powder shadows tends to crease less than cream shadows. If you prefer cream eyeshadow, give cream-to-powder fromulas a try.
- Avoid applying eyeshadow in the creases of your eye. That’s where creasing and fading are the worst.
- If you have super oily lids, try applying a mattifying cream to your lids. It will keep your makeup in place for hours.