These healthy-option meatballs are made from turkey instead of beef and contain a special and utterly tasty surprise. The hidden eggs are what makes this dish incredibly festive for Easter. Serve them with carrots -“rabbit food”- and keep it fun and healthy while celebrating the holiday.
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1/4 C. whole milk
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 scallions
- 1 sm. garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sm. egg
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs with milk; set aside at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, scallions, garlic, parsley, egg, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Mix gently with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions.
- Form meat around hard-cooked eggs to cover eggs.
- Arrange in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.