A sedentary lifestyle is hard to avoid when you have a desk job. Sitting in a chair for hours on end can result in backaches, muscle pain and even blood clots in your legs.
To keep your body moving and your circulation flowing, here are some simple exercises you can do at your desk (without looking like a crazy person!)
Stretching will keep your muscles from becoming tight or cramped. The movement involved in stretching will also improve your circulation.
- While sitting in your chair, twist your trunk to the right and the left to stretch your back muscles.
- With your fingers interlocked, raise your arms over your head or stretch them behind your back.
- Roll your shoulders both forwards and backwards.
- While sitting, stretch your legs straight out in front of you and lean forward slightly until you feel a comfortable tension in your hamstrings.
- Tilt your head to the right and left to stretch your neck.