Jillian Michaels is at the top of the world! Not only does she have a fun fitness television show titled, Losing It With Jillian, but she is also releasing a fitness video game in November. The game, Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011, will be available exclusively for the Wii.
Jillian Michaels doesn’t want her fans to wait until November to get started on her fitness programs. She wants to help us all get in shape, so she has shared 10 of her best fitness tips!
1. “Exercise does more than just tone your body, it boosts self esteem, improves mood and revs up metabolism. So suck it up and get moving!”
2. “If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. Try working at 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate for optimal results.”
3. “Getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are you body is too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.”
4. “Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.”
5. “Do not exercise on an empty stomach. This way you’ll have energy during your workouts and you will burn fat instead of muscle.”
6. “Don’t over do it. When starting out consult your physician. Work to beginner/ intermediate levels. Stay at around 70% of your MHR. IN a couple of weeks or so as you become stronger and more fit begin to up your intensity for best results.”
7. “For results fast try circuit training. This is an exercise technique that utilizes a series of moves in swift succession with no rest in between. For example: Push ups into squats followed by jumping jacks. This method allows your workouts to strengthen while burning fat at the same time.”
8. “To ramp up your fitness regimen try incorporating a technique called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. This simply means working short bouts (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 2 minutes) of cardio into your strength training routine.”
9. “Six pack abs are not about crunches. You simply CANNOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get the washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, and over all resistance training.”
10. “When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging it decreases the intensity thus decreasing your calorie burn by up to 24%.”
If you want more tips, make sure to check out Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 in November! It’s the only game of its kind that has workouts designed and endorsed by Jillian Michaels. Users can try tons of different exercises to work a variety of muscles. The game is designed for all fitness levels, and allows players to keep track of their fitness goals through Fitness Ultimatum’s resolution-based tracking system.