Cobra Pose, also known as Bhujangasana, is most commonly known for increasing the muscles in your back and arms. It also increases your spine flexibility while stretching your shoulders, abs, and chest. Our favorite benefit of Cobra Pose is that it also tones and tightens the glutes. Start practicing this pose regularly to get your body ready for bikini season!
- Begin by laying flat on your stomach.
- Place your palms under your shoulders and keep your elbows close to your body.
- Lengthen your legs and keep the tops of your feet pressed on the floor.
- As you inhale, slowly press your hands into the floor to straighten your arms, lifting your chest upward.
- Continue to pull your tailbone under your body, keeping your pelvic bone on the floor. Continue to tilt upwards as you open and arc your lower spine
- Pull your shoulder blades back as you raise your eyes and chin.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent and close your your ribs.
- Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds while taking several deep breaths.
- Slowly exhale and carefully bring your head and torso back down to the ground.
- Inhale and lift yourself to your hands and knees before resting back into Child’s Pose.