Phalakasana, or Plank Pose, is one of the most efficient poses to builds endurance. This pose strengthens your entire body and improves your posture. When you practice this pose regularly, you will be able to notice improved muscle strength in your arms, abs, and shoulders.
- Start in Downward-Facing Dog.
- Move into the plank position, as if doing a push-up.
- Keep your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your core muscles and lengthen your lower back.
- Hold this pose for at least 30 seconds before reversing back into Downward-Facing Dog.