The Standing Forward Bend Pose, Uttanasana, is a stress reliving pose that helps to reduce headaches, insomnia, fatigue, and helps calm your mind. This pose strengthens your thighs and knees and stretches your hips, calves, and hamstrings.
- Beginning in the Mountain Pose, place your hands on your hips and inhale deeply.
- Exhale and slowly fold your body forward from the hips.
- Soften the rigidity in your knees and make sure your buttocks are pointing upwards your hip bones sit on your upper thighs.
- Slowly fold your arms over your head grasping the elbow of the opposite arm with each hand.
- Plant your heels into the ground to ease stress on thighs.
- Hold pose for 25 seconds to one minute.
- Exit by inhaling and placing hands on hips and rising from downward position.