If you are considering getting allergy shots, there are a few things you should know.
- 90-95% of allergy sufferers improve with allergy shots
- You want to keep allergies controlled in children because they could develop into asthma.
- Allergy shots are not for those who suffer from allergies just a few weeks of the year. They are for those who suffer for six months or more per year.
- Most treatments call for a shot (or more depending on your allergies) each week for 14 weeks straight and then a shot every month thereafter.
- Shots may be cheaper in the long run than taking medications that can cost $1-$2 per pill.