Doing the laundry on your own is probably a very basic part of your lifestyle, but that does not mean that you are getting the most out of every load. These tips can help you get better results so that you never have to dread laundry day again.
Here are five tips to getting the most out of your laundry day.
1. Use cold water to keep colors from running. Doing this, you can wash colors and whites at the same time.
2. Turn your shirts, jeans and dresses inside out when you wash them so that they retain their bright colors.
3. Soak clothing overnight if it is really dirty, rather than running it through multiple cycles. This is gentler on the clothes, so they do not wear out as fast.
4. Unroll any clothes – socks are the most common example – that may have gotten bunched up before you put them into the dryer.
5. Make sure that the dryer is full. You may think that smaller loads will dry faster, but this is a huge waste of energy and it can throw off the weight balance, which causes some dryers to turn off.