When DIY Expert, blogger and author, Jenni Radosevich wanted to update her apartment she created these stylish and affordable polka dot pillows. Go to a home goods store and a similar pillow could set you back $120, but these only cost $15!
To create these pillows you’ll need:
- A plain white pillow case, Jenni suggests using a cheap travel pillow that comes with a pillow case
- Iron on metallic dots from the craft store
- Rowenta Pro Master Iron, Jenni recommendes Rowenta irons because of their steaming capability
- Pant hanger
- Spare piece of fabric
- Hang the pillowcase and steam to remove any wrinkles.
- Lay the pillowcase flat and add the dots. Place them randomly over the pillowcase, or add a bunch in one corner and have them cascading down like Jenni did.
- Place a piece of fabric over the pillowcase and with your iron on medium heat, iron over the dots for a few seconds.
- Now you have a stylish accent pillow that will look chic in any room!
To see this DIY in action watch Jenni make it here and for more craft ideas visit her blog I Spy DIY.