While it isn’t a prerequisite to have a slamming physique to be a Hollywood star, it sure seems like most celebs fit the mold. However, for those of us who can’t devote all of our time and energy to workout regimes, it can be frustrating to watch celebs flaunting their hot bods in swimsuits, while we’re stuck at the office. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Since you probably don’t have a few hours a day to dedicate to the gym, here are 8 workout ideas to get you started. You can still get into tip-top shape! Plus, not only will you look better, but you may start feeling better too!
- Better food choices! Eat more fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. Although intense dieting may seem like it works for some celebs, it’s always better to eat healthy and avoid fad diets. It may take a little longer to shed a few pounds, but you’ll have a better chance of keeping them off this way. Source: http://www.sheknows.com/articles/803197/page:2
- The basics! Make sure that you get eight hours of sleep every night. Most individuals don’t want to work out when they are exhausted. Also, make sure that you drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is important, says actress Evangeline Lily. Source: http://www.modeldietplan.com/celebrityexercise.htm
- Work, don’t rest! Try density training. It will push your muscles to work harder and improve your endurance. Instead of taking minute long breaks between sets at the beginning of your work out, spend only 30 seconds resting. Save longer breaks for when your muscles start to become fatigued. This may cut the time you spend working out by as much as 15 percent. Source: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/celebrity/12-workout-secrets-from-celebrity-trainers/?page=2
- Kettlebell craze! Purchase these hot fitness tools, which can be lifted and swung through movements that work your entire body. Not only can they improve your muscle tone and strength, but it can be a cardiovascular workout, according to Sarah Lurie, founder of Iron Core. Although the workout can be rigorous, it can help you burn a lot of calories. Source: http://www.sheknows.com/articles/803197.htm
- Get your back into it! Although you may be tempted to go right for the abs and butt, sculpting your back is important as well. Halle Berry is a prime example of a celeb with an amazing back. Try rowing exercises to achieve this look. Source: http://www.fitsugar.com/6566388?page=0,0,4
- Try yoga! Not everyone enjoys running on a treadmill or using weights, so yoga can be a great supplementary activity. Actress Jennifer Aniston uses yoga for about two hours every other day and Reese Witherspoon is a big fan of yoga as well. It has benefitted these stars by toning their muscles and improving their posture. Check out your local gym and see if there are any classes available. You can also check your local T.V. listings or purchase a fun yoga DVD. Source: http://www.fitsugar.com/6566388?page=0,0,0
- Mix things up! You don’t want your workout to get monotonous. Try new things like hiking or swimming if you start to get into a funk. Remember not to give up on your original workout, but try new activities to get yourself pumped. Stars like Jessica Biel and Madonna are big advocates of this tip. Source: http://www.modeldietplan.com/celebrityexercise.htm and http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2007/05/25/jessica_biel_10_workout_tips.php
- Get moving! If your hobby is reading, then read a magazine while you’re on the elliptical. But there are also other hobbies that can be integrated right into your workout plan. Jessica Alba loves to play Wii, so Wii fit sports games work perfectly within her workout regime. Other stars like Katy Perry jump rope and Marisa Tomei uses a hula hoop. Be creative! Source: http://www.modeldietplan.com/celebrityexercise.htm
Having a personal trainer and chef would be great, but since the majority of people can’t afford that luxury try these 8 tips to help you work out like a celebrity!