This simple chocolate cake recipe is full of rich chocolate flavor, plus it includes chili powder for a little extra spice. This sweet indulgence is so easy to make, you may want to give up the regular version and swap it for the gluten free prep method!
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 C. salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan (springform works best) and dust with cocoa powder. Melt chocolate and butter in slow simmering double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs, chili power and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Pour in and mix with chocolate butter mixture.
- Pour into pan.
- Place pan in a water bath of boiling water.
- Water should come 1/2 way up the side of the cake pan.
- Place on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving plate.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.