Calling all Key lime pie fans! This so-cute cupcake recipe is what you have been waiting for. If you are in need of an allergy-friendly recipe for a bake sale or are in the mood for a deliriously yummy cupcake, this is an awesome recipe to try.
- 1 box (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 C. whipping cream
- 1/4 C. Key lime or regular lime juice
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 48 regular-size paper baking cups
- 1 gluten free yellow cake mix.
- 1 container whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 Tbs. Key lime or regular lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated Key lime or regular lime peel
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and whipping cream with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Beat in 1/4 C. Key lime juice.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place mini foil cupcake liners on a cookie baking tray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box.
- Spoon about 1 rounded Tbs. batter into each muffin cup, using about half of the batter. (Muffin cups will be about 1/3 full.)
- Refrigerate remaining batter.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining baking cups and batter.
- Cool cupcakes completely, about 15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from their liners.
- Swirl about 2 tsp. of topping on top of each cupcake.
- Stir frosting in container 20 times.
- Gently stir in 1 Tbs. Key lime juice and the lime peel.
- Spoon topping into 1-qt. resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut 1/2-inch opening across bottom corner of bag.
- Squeeze 1 rounded tsp. frosting from bag onto topping.