These vanilla cupcakes with coconut-pecan filling are great gluten-free desserts. They are easy to make and oh-so delicious. To frost them, you can also use the same recipe for the filling or even the same icing used on sugar cookies.
- 1/2 C. plus 2 Tbs. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1/3 C. grapeseed oil
- 1/2 C. agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
For Coconut-Pecan Filling:
- 1 C. granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine
- 1 C. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 lg. egg yolks
- 1 1/3 C. flaked coconut
- 1 C. chopped pecans
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and egg yolks until well mixed. Cook over medium heat about 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Cool about 30 minutes, beating occasionally with spoon, until spreadable.
- Scoop small amounts into cupcake liners for the cupcake filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, grapeseed oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract.