This recipe is made extra easy by using a gluten free cake mix. Mix up your regular dessert routine by making these orange cake delights. You’re going to love them!
- 1 gluten free yellow cake mix
- Rind of 1 orange
- 1/4 C. orange juice
- sprinkles, optional
- 4 Tbs. butter
- Grated rind of one orange
- 6 Tbs. orange juice
- 2 Tbs. Grand Marnier
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Line cupcake tray with greased liners.
- Heat oven at 325 degrees.
- Grate orange; squeeze juice.
- Make yellow cake batter according to mix directions.
- Stir in orange rind; add orange juice alternately well after each addition.
- Pour into cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- To make icing while cupcakes are baking, blend butter, cream cheese, orange rind and orange juice.
- Add Grand Marnier.
- Add powdered sugar and blend until creamy.
- Ice cupcakes when they’re completely cool.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.