This lentil salad will knock you off your feet. Full of flavor and freshness, it brings vegetables and nuts together with lentils to fill you with energy for the day. With everything prepped, this recipe is a breeze to put together and enjoy to your heart’s content.
- 1 C. dried lentils
- 1 C. diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice – preferably fresh
- 1/2 C. celery, sliced
- 1/2 C. cucumber, diced
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 C. walnuts, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 C. feta cheese, crumbled
- Whole walnuts for garnish
- In a saucepan combine lentils, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add water until it covers the lentils by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain lentils and vegetables and remove bay leaf.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, celery, parsley, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to mix and serve at room temperature
- When serving, sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with whole walnuts.