Shrimp fried rice is a great, fun and delicious recipe to put together to pamper yourself for dinner. Make sure to enjoy every little bit of this dish and tell us what you think! You can serve as a stir fry or let the rice take center stage in this wonderful main course recipe.
- 3 oz. tiny dried shrimps
- 1/2 lb. bean sprouts
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil, divided
- 1 cup chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice, well-chilled
- 3 Tbs. Low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup peas, frozen
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup bird’s eye chili/Thai pepper, chopped, optional
- Thaw out the dried shrimp with about 1/4 cup cold water for about 20 minutes.
- Drop the bean sprouts into boiling salted water and boil 5 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium/high and add in beaten eggs.
- Add salt to taste, scramble and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of sesame oil over high heat in a wok.
- Add seasoned chicken to the wok and cook through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining Tbs. of oil in the same wok.
- Add in shallot and cook for one minute.
- Now add in some chopped Thai pepper and cook for another minute.
- Stir in cold rice and continue to cook, making sure to stir constantly for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add soy sauce and let it be absorbed.
- Add in peas and cook for another few minutes and keep stirring.
- Serve with eggs, chicken, red onion, more pepper, and bean sprouts on the side and the thawed shrimp on top