Perhaps our favorite recipe of the collection, we are happy to bring you this Sangria Margarita mix. This recipe is sure to be popular simply for its presentation…who can resist that sangria swirl? The effort for this cold mixed drink lies most in waiting for these beverages to freeze completely to be able to blend and them serve together for a party delightful drink.
- 1 cup Spanish red wine or store bought sangria
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Tequila (silver)
- 1/4 cup Orange juice or liqueur
- 1/4 cup lime concentrate
- 1 Tbs. Lime Juice
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- slices of lime for garnish
- Rub a slice of lime over the rim of your chilled glasses or mugs.
- Dip into salt or sugar and return to freezer.
- Mix ingredients separately for each alcoholic beverage in two pitchers.
- Pour into separate ice trays and freeze until completely frozen.
- Blend sangria ice cubes until smooth like a slushy and return to freezer in a pitcher.
- Blend margarita ice cubes until smooth slushy consistency.
- As you’re blending them, add more ice cubes to make them thicker.
- When you have both pitchers, serve by alternating layers of margarita and sangria in your chilled glasses.
- Stir lightly with a straw or spoon to make the sangria swirl.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.