This tomato and mozzarella dish is a simple, delicious snack to balance your palate. You can pull this appetizer together in no time flat. Steer clear of heavier, cheese-based dips in exchange for this quick and easy appetizer recipe.
- 1 container cherry size mozzarella
- 1 package fresh arugula or basil
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, small to medium size
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- If mozzarella balls are larger than 1/2-inch in diameter, cut into cubes to size.
- Wash and dry tomatoes and basil.
- If basil leaves are large, these may be cut in half.
- Using small skewers about 4 1/2 inches long, slide on an arugula leaf, a mozzarella ball or cube and a cherry tomato.
- Repeat on new skewers until all the pieces have been used.
- Arrange around a circle to make a decorative wreath.
- Combine ingredients for dressing and brush or sprinkle over skewers just before serving.
- Dressing can also be served on the side for dipping.