The next time you have an urge to grab a candy bar, consider making a batch of these instead. The rolled oats, and nuts allow for a balanced snack that is fairly quick to make and enjoy. Why not make a dozen and freeze them for a great anytime treat?
- 2 C. rolled oats
- 2 Tbs. walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 C. peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 C. dried orange bits
- 1/4 C. dates, chopped
- 1/3 C. raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla, optional
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread oats, peanuts and walnuts on two large cookies sheets.
- Toast in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Place the nuts and oats in an extra large mixing bowl.
- Mix honey and peanut butter in a separate bowl until completely mixed and smooth.
- Add in optional vanilla, dried orange bits, dates and raisins to the oats and nuts bowl.
- Next, pour in honey and peanut butter mixture into oats in mixing bowl.
- Grease one large cookie sheet with cooking oil or spray.
- Start adding the mixture to cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Press the mixture firmly to seal throughout cookie sheet.
- Put in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until it starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut into bars and serve.