Often when we are craving sugar the most, it means it’s time for another small meal. Did you know that a great diet to follow consists to 5-6 small meals per day? If you’re feeling an insatiable need for something dripping with cheese or chocolate, why not make a healthy sandwich instead? Yeah, that is NOT the same, we know. But, eating food when you’re hungry is all about the choices you make. If you choose to have a filling meal with more real food, you’ll feel better in the long run.
- 4-6 whole wheat or whole grain bread slices
- 1/2 lb. turkey meat, sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, broken into pieces or chopped
- Additional optional vegetables:
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 (12-oz.) container fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 C. Greek yogurt
- Blend cream cheese, Greek yogurt, dried chives and onion powder in a blender until smooth.
- Mix in chopped green onions and fresh chives.
- Chill for an hour or overnight.
- Toast your bread if that is preferred.
- Add in turkey, lettuce, healthy spread and additional preferred vegetables.