These elegant appetizers definitely offer a balance out savory flavors by including bread, herbs and salmon all in one bite. They are great to make for a small gathering. They are great during the summer, especially when topped with a homemade dill dressing.
- 12 tea crackers or sliced French baguette or sliced bagels
- 12 oz. cured or smoked skinless salmon fillet, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced lengthwise
- parsley for garnish
Homemade Dill Dressing:
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice or 1 1/2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- For the dill dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl with 1/4 cup of water.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Toast baguette or bagel and then cut into desired size.
- Spread dill dressing onto chosen bread or tea crackers and arrange on a platter as you go.
- Arrange one or two egg slices on top of spread.
- Cut salmon to fit sized bread or tea crackers and arrange on top of each canapé.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.