Put simply, we have learned that though apples are great fresh and sliced they are definitely delicious when they are “fried” as well. Though unsalted butter could be used, we decided on using coconut oil to make this treat a bit healthier. Adding cinnamon was also a great decision when we stopped to think about all the health benefits that it provides as well. This is a stellar side dish or an awesome, easy dessert recipe to share.
- 4-5 apples
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
- Peel apples, remove stems and cores.
- Slice apples into wedges.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly golden.
- Remove from pans to stop cooking.
- Serve with yogurt if so desired.