How sweet is it to be able to make your own pizza? Try this recipe for a delicious treat with no meat. And though you don’t have to shape it into a heart, we are just head over heels for this fun and festive dinner recipe presentation.
- 1/2 Tbs. salt
- 1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 C. water
- 1/2 Tbs. dry yeast
- 1/4 Tsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 roma tomatoes, sliced horizontally
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs. Italian Herb Seasoning (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 Tbs. marinara sauce
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Add salt to the flour.
- In a ½ cup pour luke-warm water, put dry yeast and sugar, and let the dry yeast activate.
- Once it starts to bubble up, add it to the flour and salt.
- Stir and add water, 1-2 cups more, if needed.
- Take it out of the mixing bowl and knead for a few minutes or until you have reached a glossy but not too sticky dough ball.
- Put it back in a deep bowl and brush over top with a little bit of olive oil.
- When the dough is ready, press and roll out into a thin crust, shape it into a heart.
- Spread the Italian seasoning then add marinara sauce, and cheese.
- Place tomatoes and toss a bit more cheese.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is.
- Garnish pizza with basil and enjoy.