We love using tried-and-true recipes to introduce new ingredients, for example, zucchini blossoms. They widely known of, but they are an awesome farmer’s market find. They have a very unique flavor that we thought they would work well atop on crust, paired with some cheese. Try something great with this sensational pizza recipe for dinner.
- 1/2 Tbs. salt
- 1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 C. water
- 1/2 Tbs. dry yeast
- 1/4 Tsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 bunch zucchini flowers/blossoms
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 C. green peas
- 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese
- Add salt to the flour.
- In a ½ cup pour lukewarm water, put dry yeast and sugar, and let the dry yeast activate.
- Once it starts to bubble up, add it to the flour and salt.
- Stir and add water, 1-2 cups more, if needed.
- Take it out of the mixing bowl and knead for a few minutes or until you have reached a glossy but not too sticky dough ball.
- Put it back in a deep bowl and brush over top with a little bit of olive oil.
- When the dough is ready, press and roll out into a thin crust.
- Mix mozzarella cheese and green peas.
- Place them in the center of the crust.
- Surround center with wedges of cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange zucchini flowers around them to the edge of the crust.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.