Another great way to make your party hosting easier is to serve this simple and surprising shrimp cocktail. Skip the heavy sauce and serve it up in individual glasses for an extra-fun appetizer recipe. This simple appetizer is made with an Asian-inspired twist with the addition of noodles.
- 1/2 pkg. thin rice noodles
- 1/2 C. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 C. loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbs. loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. snipped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1/2 Tbs. garlic, minced
- 1 lettuce head, broken into pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In 8-quart saucepot, heat 5 quarts water to boiling over high heat.
- Add noodles and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Drain noodles, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Transfer noodles to large shallow serving bowl.
- Add cilantro, mint, basil, chives and sesame oil and toss well.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet.
- Sauté shrimp and garlic until the shrimp is no longer pink.
- Line each cocktail glass with lettuce.
- Scoop some rice noodles into each glass and top with some shrimp.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge.