This noodle and shrimp dish really is quick. Once everything is prepped, every step goes by so quickly and before you know, it you have a great party app with everyone. Vegetable instead of a meat broth is being used because it is lower in fat, but make sure to choose one with low sodium for it to be healthier. If you choose to make your own broth, you can skip adding salt all together and it still tastes great.
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pkg. stir-fry vegetables
- 1/2 lb. shrimp
- Heat olive oil and sauté garlic.
- Separately, heat broth and thyme until warm.
- Cook spaghetti in this broth and then drain.
- Mix oil mixture with spaghetti.
- Cook stir-fry vegetables in this.
- Add shrimp to vegetables when they’re done and cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Don’t over cook the shrimp and garnish servings with basil leaves.