Starbucks Refreshers are a great (and sweet) way to cool down during the hot summer months, but they can be just too expensive and a little too sugary. This easy copycat drink will save you money and calories, which is just better over all.
- 7 C. water
- 1 C. sugar or sweetener
- ¼ C. ginger, peeled and chunked
- 4 hibiscus tea bags
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 C. very cold water
- 1 C. mixed berries
1. In a tea kettle or pot, add the 8 tea bags to 6 cups of boiling water after you remove the pot from heat.
2. Let the tea steep for 30 to 45 minutes. In another pot, boil 1 cup of water and the 1 cup of sugar until the sugar is dissolved completely.
3. Remove the pot from heat, add the chunks of ginger, and let it steep for 30 minutes.
4. After it’s done, drain through a sieve and throw away the ginger chunks.
5. Remove the tea bags and pour the tea into a large pitcher.
6. Add the ginger liquid and the cold water to the pitcher and mix well. Add the mixed berries and chill for 1 hour before serving.