You can enjoy the French breakfast delicacy guilt-free with our lighter recipe. Skip the typical chocolate or whipped cream toppings and sweeten your crepes with fresh strawberries instead.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. milk
- 3 Tbs. melted butter + 1 Tbs. for pan
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 C. flour
- 2 C. fresh strawberries, sliced
- Beat the eggs and milk in a medium sized bowl. Add flour and sugar and combine until smooth. If you use an electric mixer, you may need to let the batter to settle because you don’t want any air bubbles! (Little lumps are OK!). Add melted butter and stir.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. I like a small pan to make more crepes so I can have a variety of fillings, but larger crepes are okay too! Add 1 Tbs of butter to the pan and allow to melt and spread.
- Depending on the size of your pan, the amount of batter per crepe will vary. I typically use about 1/4 cup. When you pour the batter, pour directly into the middle and then spread around the pan until it just reaches the edges. Remember, you can always add more batter if you don’t have enough to just coat the pan, but you can’t take batter out.
- The batter will set and the edges will turn slightly brown when they are ready to flip. Using a flat long spatula or rubber spatula, loosen the edges all around the crepe, then flip. After the first, you shouldn’t need any more butter for the pan, and after loosening the edges you should be able to flip them by flicking the pan. If not, using the spatula works just fine. They should have brown spots all over but should not be completely brown.
- This takes about a minute for the first side, and about 45 seconds for the second side. Stack crepes and garnish with strawberries.