Here’s a low-fat version of this scrumptious French casserole!
What you’ll need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, washed
- 10 or 12 small onions, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients in an oven-safe casserole dish and cover. Bake for one hour. Remove all the ingredients and transfer the liquid into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce until sauce makes about 1 ½ cups. Mix the cornstarch with ½ cup water, and add one spoon at a time to the sauce. Stir constantly. Pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables.