Turn baby lima beans into a vibrant Mediterranean spread! Try this Baby Lima Beans with Herbs spread recipe with toast or pita bread!
What you’ll need:
- 1 10-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring lightly salted water to a boil, then add lima beans, garlic, and crushed pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until lima beans are tender. Remove from heat and let it cool in the liquid. Drain the beans and garlic and transfer into a food processor. Add the oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper, and process until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and stir in the cilantro, dill, and mint.