Here’s a cake recipe that everyone will enjoy! Even if you are on a diet, you’ll be able to eat a slice of this indulgent-tasting treat! Believe it or not, this recipe is even fat-free. Give it a try!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl stir sugar and water until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add egg whites and corn syrup; stir until blended.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and top with sliced strawberries.