A fantastically impressive recipe – great if you’re watching your sugar and calories or if you’re cooking for diabetics.
- 1 package sugar-free chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3 C. reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 C. fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 packages
- 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 14 Tbs. granulated sugar substitute with aspartame (such as Equal Spoonful)
- 1/4 C. unsweetened cocoa
- 5 sugar-free chocolate wafer bars, coarsely chopped (such as Sweet ‘N Low)
Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly. Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla, beating well. Add gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Add sugar substitute and cocoa; beat just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or until set. Before serving, top with chopped wafers.
Per Serving: Calories 238 Fat 16.5g (sat 8.4g) Protein 8.1g Carbohydrate 20.8g Fiber 1.5g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 308mg Exchanges: 11/2 Starch, 3 Fat