The only ingredient in this homemade fruit leather is fruit. There is no added sugar or flavoring to be found. One strip is about 15 calories. For comparison, the fruit leather you buy at the grocery is 45 calories a strip.
Here’s how to make healthier fruit leather at home.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Line an 11×17 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut up 4 cups of fruit. Strawberries, peaches, bananas, or raspberries will work.
- Place in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the pureed fruit onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for eight hours.
- Remove the pan once the fruit is set and slightly sticky.
- Once the fruit leather cools to room temperature, peel it off the parchment paper.
- Cut out strips and store in an airtight container.