Zucchini is a summer squash that is great in about any dish. From sweet to savory this delicately flavored vegetable holds its own. Try preparing zucchini on the grill with our sweet and tangy Grilled Zucchini Roll Ups. They can be made as a delicious side or as an a passable appetizer at a party.
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 C. spinach
- 1/3 C. basil
- Slice zucchinis length-wise into ¼-inch thick pieces. Preheat grill to medium. Brush the zucchini slices with oil on both sides. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and lay zucchini slices out on a lined pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice.
- Top few spinach leaves and a small basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices.