Looking for a unique meal that will satisfy your taste buds without having to spend your evening in the kitchen? This filling quinoa bowl is ready in 30 minutes. Make this dish for a crowd or make it and save the rest for leftover lunches. You can even make it without the chicken to keep it vegetarian-friendly.
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup cooked chicken, optional
- 3 medium beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking place a steamer in a medium sauce pan.
- Fill the sauce pan with just enough water to almost reach the steamer. (Roughly 1 inch.)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add carrots, beets, and zucchini to the steamer.
- Steam for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa and cooked chicken to the bowl and mix well to coat.
- Add in steamed vegetables and gently mix to combine.