Today we’re putting a new twist on the traditional caprese salad. This caprese salad adds roasted beets to the recipe, creating a unique and flavor-packed dish. Make this recipe for your next party, and your guests will be begging for the recipe!
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large beets
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- 3-5 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 thyme springs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place beets in oven-safe dish and drizzle with olive oil, 1 tbsp. water, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cover with foil, and roast for an hour, or until the beets become be tender.
- Once the beets cool, remove the skins and slice them into 1/4 inch slices.
- On a plate, arrange beets and tomatoes.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over the beets and tomatoes, and top with mozzarella cheese and thyme sprigs.