Finding tricks and shortcuts are always a great way to help in the kitchen with cutting cooking time down. I am a huge fan of utilizing certain frozen items as they keep for a long period of time and you don’t have to worry about it rotting in your fridge after a few days and they usually come with easy short cooking instructions.
The low-fat turkey meatballs from Trader Joe’s are a godsend for me when I have no fresh protein in the fridge and need something substantial quick. The package indicates that you only need to microwave it for 3 minutes and they are done! Lean meatballs within minutes is your shortcut here.
Now how do you turn this into a meal? Stay away from bread and pasta as a pairing here. Think vegetables and soup as they can fill you up fast and provide you with nutrients and fiber. Here is my 15 minute meal packed with fiber, lean protein and tastes like a complete home cooked meal.
- 3 turkey meatballs from Trader Joe’s
- 1 individual serving of chicken stock
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. ponzu (citrus infused soy)
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat your chicken stock in a small pot and bring it to a boil.
- Now microwave your turkey meatballs for 3 minutes.
- Add your kale and enoki mushrooms in the stock and boil with ponzu sauce.
- Now add your turkey meatball in the soup and simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve!
- Season with salt and pepper if you wish.