These lemongrass chicken sliders with Chinese slaw make for a fabulous weekend meal. They’re perfect to snack on, or you can even serve them as an appetizer at your next party. The flavor combination is incredibly addicting, so give it a try for yourself!
For the lemongrass chicken:
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup Oil & Vinegar’s Lemongrass dressing
- ¼ cup Oil & Vinegar’s Wok oil
- 1/8 cup Oil & Vinegar’s IGP Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ tsp. (or more, based on taste) crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
For the Chinese slaw:
- ½ cup Oil & Vinegar’s red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups Chinese or Napa cabbage washed and thinly sliced
- Slider rolls
Directions for Chicken:
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients for the chicken.
- Pour half the marinade mixture over the chicken and refrigerate for 4-6 hours turning over once halfway through.
- Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Heat a gas grill to medium heat.
- Coat the grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill the chicken until fully cooked (about 7-10 minutes on each side).
- Remove from the grill, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Then, chop the chicken, toss with the remaining marinade and coat in the toasted sesame seeds.
Directions for Chinese Slaw:
- Combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water together.
- Bring to a boil stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Remove from the heat and add the carrots, crushed red pepper and cabbage.
- Stir to combine and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Butter and grill the buns on both sides till golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Pile the bottom half of the bun with chicken.
- Take an ample amount of the slaw (draining the juices) and place on top of the chicken.
- Top with the other half of the bun.