Coffee with pork, who would have thought this combination would ever taste good? The answer is our genius friends at Oil & Vinegar. They shared this coffee rubbed pulled pork recipe with us, and we were absolutely impressed. The pork is so tender, and makes perfect sandwiches.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. Oil & Vinegar’s Maghreb Rub
- 1 (4-5 lb) boneless pork shoulder
- 5 tbsp. Oil & Vinegar’s Devil’s Mustard or Garlic Mustard
- Place the onion and garlic in an even layer in a slow cooker and pour in the chicken broth.
- Combine the sugar and the Maghreb rub in a small bowl.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels and rub the spice mix all over the pork.
- Place on top of the onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender (6-8 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low)
- Turn off the slow cooker, remove the pork to another bowl and shred using two forks.
- Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker into a bowl, straining it, to remove the solids.
- Return the pulled pork to the slow cooker and add ¼ cup of the liquid to the pork to ensure it is well moistened.
- If adding mustard or BBQ sauce, add it now, and mix in well.
- Keep warm and serve on slider buns with coleslaw.