These chicken and mushroom wraps are a great dish that will use up your alfalfa sprouts. They are quick and delicious and can be topped off with sour cream if desired.
- 3 (10-inch) burrito-size tortillas
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup Alfalfa sprouts, fresh or cooked*
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- *If fresh, rinse alfalfa sprouts thoroughly under running water for one to two minutes and allow them to drain before adding them.
- Brown sliced shiitake mushrooms in olive oil.
- Then add chopped garlic and tomato.
- Cook for about three minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Evenly distribute mushrooms, chicken, lettuce, cheese, and alfalfa sprouts over bottom third of each tortilla and make sure no ingredients touch edges.
- Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
- Cut in half if desired and enjoy.