Most of your work is behind you when you make your noodles from carrots. Using a potato peeler may take some practice, but you can get into a rhythm after a while and can even seem fun. Cooking them is a breeze after that and you get to top it off with delicious ingredients like cheese and cilantro.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 med. carrots
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Almonds, sliced, optional
- Peel carrots and discard the skin. You can make your noodles using a potato peeler to make your carrot into strips or ribbons.
- While you are making your strips, heat a medium sized skillet.
- Add your carrots and the olive oil to the pan cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Cook them longer if you want them more tender.
- Top with cilantro and cheese and possibly almonds if you want.