Pasta is always a good go-to meal for a quick dinner, and using asparagus with some pesto sauce brings a new twist to the typical pasta meal. This quick and easy recipe is sure to be delicious and will definitely impress some guests.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 lb. asparagus
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, basil, 1/3 cup of olive oil, and cheese and puree the mixture.
- In a pan over medium, pour in the remaining olive oil and cook the tomatoes and asparagus.
- Toss the pasta in the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain the cooked pasta and place inside of a large bowl.
- Combine the pesto and cooked vegetables to the mixture and toss.