Eating vegetables plain is so boring! Cover your broccoli with heaps of melted, gooey cheese along with alfredo pasta. The tender taste from the chicken is the perfect kick to this recipe. If you wish to lighten up this classic casserole, swap out the cream cheese for Greek yogurt.
- 2 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz frozen fresh broccoli
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 cup mushrooms, steamed
- 1/3 8 oz. package low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup low fat shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Using a large skillet, cook chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes until done. Cut breasts into chunks.
- Boil pasta in a large pot until tender and then drain. Place pasta into skillet with chicken.
- Using the same pot, boil the broccoli. Once unfrozen, place into skillet and stir in with the pasta and chicken.
- Add the mushrooms, cream cheese, and shredded cheese and broil high until cheese has melted.