Cabbage is a classic for a reason. This easy casserole recipe is comforting and healthy, plus it’s so easy to add in new ingredients. Cabbage is an inexpensive ingredient that can be included in such a wide variety of recipes, just like this one! Say hello to fall with this quick and easy dinner pick.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white rice uncooked
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 Lg. Egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions
- In a large saucepan boil lightly salted water; add cabbage leaves and cook for 2-4 minutes or until softened. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cabbage and mix well.
- Even divide the meat mixture among the cabbage leaves and roll them tightly. Secure them with a string or toothpick.
- In a casserole dish put the cabbage rolls at the bottom with about a ½ cup of water and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Meat should be fully cooked. Serve hot.