Try these crazy caprese crescent rolls as an appetizer or a snack! You only need a few ingredients to create these delightful Italian rolls.
What you’ll need:
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls (reduced fat for a healthier alternative!)
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks (choose low fat), halved lengthwise
- 1 24-ounce jar tomato & basil sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll crescents on foil- or parchment paper-lined baking pan and thinly spread sauce. On the wide edge, layer a basil leaf, half a string mozzarella cheese, and another basil leaf. Roll up the crescent, brush oil on top, and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Microwave extra sauce and serve with caprese crescent rolls as dipping sauce.